Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CrossFit - mental and physical toughness

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gordana-survives-cancer-interview.htm?mcid=twit

"The beauty of Crossfit is that it can be scaled to anyone's ability. It can be performed by anyone at any age or physical condition. I made it to the gym as often as I could during my treatments. I lost a lot of muscle strength at first and my endurance was low. I am actually very surprised at how quickly it comes back! "

"The workouts were constantly varied. I loved the fact that I could do a workout one day, and give it everything I had, knowing I wasn't doing it again for at least a month. This allowed me to really push hard 'cause I knew I didn't have to do it again on 'Day 3'. It eliminated the boredom. It made the workouts interesting and fun. Yes fun! "  (bold added for emphasis)

"The whiteboard - writing down personal goals and beating them makes you accountable"

No comments:

Post a Comment