Saturday, March 13, 2010

Soooo, I was at LifeTime Fitness the other day....

Hey - I was forced to go due to the Mpls PD Fitness Team training !!!  And I was forced to do a spinning class too !!!  I know, the torture.

Anywho - I realized I would never, ever go back to working out at a globo gym ever again.

1.  Too damn clean and sterile.  Everything is spotless.  There is crappy music playing from the speakers.  Tons of nice looking machines everywhere.  Nobody dropping weights, swearing, cheering someone on.  It was quiet - like a church.

2.  Nobody seemed to be actually working out.  They were "working out" but there wasn't any effort that I could see.  Yes, I know that there are some people who actually push themselves and do see sweat...but the majority weren't breathing hard and I couldn't see sweat from where I was standing.  I don't think watching a TV while doing the elliptical at a slow speed is fitness.

3.  Freeweight area - shit form, no intensity, isolation movements.  Enough said.

4.  People didn't seem to want to be there.  They sorta meandered in, sauntered to the locker room, slowly made their way to their machines - no life, no smiles, no enjoyment.  They seemed to be there to say " I worked out today ".

5  It's expensive - not only is there a monthly membership (which may / may not be paid for a year in advance), but training is expensive.  Personal trainers are $60 + hour.  Group classes run for 3 months (I guess you're on your own after that) at $166/ month - and people think CrossFit is expensive !!!

Overall, very boring, sterile, business like.  NO thank you - not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment