Sunday, April 4, 2010

GOALS

Hey peeps - I know I keep harping on setting goals.  I haven't reached mine (muscle up / 185#) but I am going to keep working at them.  Having goals gives you even more incentive to come in and train.  It gives you a progress report of your overall fitness and abilities.  It is a sense of accomplishment in your own  life, a positive outcome, something YOU control.

Just to revisit the “rules of goal-setting,” your goals must be:
Specific – Do you know exactly what it is that you’re trying to do and why?

Measurable – Is there a set of criteria you can use for measuring progress?

Attainable – I lump this in with Realistic, but I’m sure there’s some Life Coach out there that can tell us what it really means.

Realistic – Can you really and truly accomplish this goal? Stretch goals are good. Unrealistic or unmotivating goals are bad.

Timely – A goal should have a timeframe. “I want to do X by Y.”

No comments:

Post a Comment